Monday, December 5, 2016

Lauren Geiger
EDRL 524
December 5, 2016

Book: Forever by: Judy Blume

Annotation: This novel is a book that focuses on teenage sexuality and sex in the context of a relationship. The main characters name is Katherine, and Katherine is very interested in having sex with a boy named Michael who she has been spending a lot of time with. The novel hits on points such as teenage depression, peer advice, relationships and sex. Because there is so much talk about sex, it is frequently seen on the most challenged book list.

Opinion: I read this book while I was in high school and just revisited it as my 22 year old self. As a high school student, I found this novel to be very relatable and intriguing. This book is a great introduction to sex and shows a lot of feelings that come with relationships and sex in general. The topics are definitely engaging at a developmentally appropriate age and encouraged me to actually read. After reading this book, I was very interested in more Judy Blume books and read more frequently than ever before. As I read it today, I found it to be a lot less graphic than I remember it being, but I still enjoyed the juicy details of Katherines life; including her romantic relationship, friendships and relationships with her parents.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I have always known Judy Blume as the author of the Fudge books. She was one of my favorite author's as a child. I never knew she wrote books aimed at teens and young adults.
    -Ayisha

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this book? Want to? Didn't like it very much. Know about another book like it? Share your ideas.