Wednesday, November 9, 2016

11-08-16 Historical Fiction Sarah Kremple





The Plum Tree by Ellen Marie Wiseman

Historical Fiction is my favorite genre as a reader and I am always excited to have new books recommended to me. This book was given to me by my mom, who shares my passion of this genre. Christine Bolz is a young German girl who lives in a small German village. She is sheltered and living in a perfect little town with a comfortable job working for a rich, Jewish family, and lives on a beautiful and thriving farm. In 1938, everything changes when Hitler becomes the ruler of Germany and her life turns upside when her lover is sent to the concentration camps and she has to decide how she wants to live the rest of her life. This is a powerful book about struggle, love, family, and the horrible cruelty of WW2 and how it didn’t just effect the Jewish people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Want to? Didn't like it very much. Know about another book like it? Share your ideas.