Monday, October 31, 2016

Memoir Book Review By Jen Salazar



Image result for anne frank book 

One of my favorite books as a child that gave me perspective in a large way was, The Diary Of A Young Girl, by Ann Frank. This piece was really important for me to read at a younger age. It opened my eyes on a drastic level and helped me gain empathy. I often felt many emotions reading this novel due to the variety of compelling elements it contained. 
The novel dates back to a diary written by Ann Frank during before and leading up to World War 2. Her family tried to avoid prosecution by the Germans. They moved to the Netherlands in hopes to find safety. In 1940, the Germans invaded the Netherlands causing Ann Frank, and her family into hiding. Ann Frank keeps a diary throughout her experiences during these trying times.

This chilling novel reflects a young girls exposure to war and horrid acts against the human race. It gives readers of all ages a glance at what the Jews suffered from pre war and during. I feel this novel is great for young adult readers and adults to gain empathy, historic knowledge, and a chance to better understand what Ann Frank went through. 
This read is one of my favorites because it highlights a different time and created empathy and a way for me to get a stronger idea on what many Jews suffered through during the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Want to? Didn't like it very much. Know about another book like it? Share your ideas.