Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Adriana Rodriguez' Fantasy Book Summary




Niño is a Pura Bulpré Fantasy Book Award winner and is written by the talented Mexican author Yuyi Morales. This is a bilingual story book that many students will surely to connect to. This is a story about a little boy who is presented as an outstanding wrestler. He wrestles with many famous Mexican figures and legends, such as La Momia de Guanajuato (The famous Mummy of Guanajuato and La Llorona (The Weeping Woman) just to name a few. The sport of Lucha Libre (wrestling) is very popular in México and many Latin American countries. The story of the courageous Niño is brought to light in this book, where you are taken through his adventurous journey. He is ready for action and battles against la Cabeza Olmeca (Olmec Head), El Extraterrestre (The Alien,) and not to mention his mischievious little twin sisters and “if you can’t beat them, join them.” This book is fascinating and has one of a kind illustrations.  Niño has definitely become one of my favorite children’s books! This is a book kids are sure to enjoy and I give it ada two thumbs up! 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I am going to go get this book for my class because it sounds amazing! I love that it is bilingual and represents the importance of wrestling in Latin countries and Mexico. So cool!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Lauren Geiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a student last year, one of my brightest bilingual students, who would have loved this book. I will add it to my library. Thanks for sharing!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Have you read this book? Want to? Didn't like it very much. Know about another book like it? Share your ideas.